Whatsapp is the best and popular messenger app for smartphones. It is a highly demanded application by using several devices. It required internet connectivity, and through whatsapp, we can send and receive messages, audios, videos, and images without any cost.
Even can we share zip, doc, and exe files on whatsapp? These are just few tips which can make whatsapp experience better. Also, if you want to learn more about whatsapp, then we recommend reading all whatsapp tricks and hacks.
Today, here we will discuss recovering deleted whatsapp messages. Whatsapp doesn’t use any online database for data storage. All the room is done on the user side in the phone memory.
But sometimes by mistake, we delete our messages from our mobile phone chat by mistaken. We can’t recover deleted inbox messages. These kinds of situations are frustrating.
But on the other hand, if you are using Whatsapp, You can quickly recover deleted whatsapp messages. But officially, there is not any particular fixed method to improve whatsapp deleted chat.
So today, here we will discuss the possible ways to recover deleted whatsapp messages. It will make your whatsapp life safer than ever.
How To Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages Recently.
Now, its simple to recover anything which is less than seven days old. You have to uninstall whatsapp and re-install it. Because whatsapp automatically creates a backup file of whatsapp data every day at 4 AM according to system time.
This data backup file is stored on mobile SD card. So when you re-install whatsapp it will show Restore option. Simply click on it and all data which is less than seven days old will be restored.
Recover Whatsapp Chat Older Than Seven Days.
If you want to restore chat, which is older than seven days, then follow below given methods. There are two methods through which you can recover deleted whatsapp messages which are older than seven days.
Method 1:- Recover Whatsapp Messages Through Software.
Note:- Once mobile phones are connected with PC/Laptop via USB, enable the USB Debugging option on the mobile phone. Go Developer option >>> USB Debugging and activate it.
Step 1:- First, download Android Data Recovery Software. It will restore all whatsapp data like messages, images, audio, and videos.
Step 2:- After installing Android Data Recovery connect your mobile phone with PC/Laptop via USB.
Step 3:- It will automatically detect your device and start processing. After that, click on Next and select the option that you want to recover.
Step 4:- Now click Next.
Method 2:- Manually Recover Whatsapp Deleted Chat.
- We have mentioned above, whatsapp creates an automatic backup file of your data, and it stored in the SD card.
- The route of stored data is:- sdcard/Whatsapp/Databases.
- When you find the Database, then you will see several files that look like “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.db.crypt.” And, the YY-MM-DD is on which year, date, and month the data is created.
- First, you have to change the name of the “msgstore.db.crypt” file rename it or add some other word/character before the “msgstore” like “Old,” etc.
- Now check out the other files which are saved on a different date. Select the data which is created before your deleted messages. Then, rename it “msgstore.db.crypt”
- After renaming the selected file, uninstall your whatsapp and re-install it and select the Restore option. It will restore your all chat, which were deleted after the date of the selected data.
Another Whatsapp Messages Recovery Online Tool.
There is also an online tool to Recover Messages. With the help of this, you can recover deleted whatsapp messages. It is a free online tool that can extract the contents of the backup file.
Connect your mobile with a computer. After that, go to recover the message’s site and select the backup file from the database, which you would want to restore like “msgstore.db.crypt.” Then, start the process. And, it will restore all the deleted whatsapp messages.
Recover Deleted Images, Videos, and Audios From Chat.
If you want to restore deleted images, videos, and audios from whatsapp chat, then don’t worry because they are not permanently deleted from whatsapp.
- Go to File Manager On Mobile.
- Click on Whatsapp folder >> Media.
- Then you will see whatsapp images, audio, and videos folder.
- These are the folders where whatsapp images, audios, and videos stored. You can also check this on your computer by connecting.
Hence, these are a few working methods to recover deleted whatsapp messages online and offline both. You can use this guide in case of an emergency to help yourself and others. For any help and assistance, feel free to write to us in the comments below.