Nowadays computers are used in every field to increase the work speed and reduce the human workload. Computers can rather store a large amount of data and can easily access data whenever we want.
Therefore, computers are used in Banking, Business, Entertainment, Education, Marketing, etc. But for data transfer between two devices, we use CD’s, DVDs but now we use Pendrive as a good and re-useable alternative of devices.
Generally, we need Pendrive to transfer data from one location to another location or device. Pendrive is a portable device that offers the storage of a large amount of data. Generally, Pendrive offers 1.5 MB to 12 MB per second speed.
In some situations due to operating system error or due to some virus programs our pen drive data transfer speed gets limited. Pendrive can be used for various features like we can use Pendrive as a ram. Which is really amazing thing.
But all these are few extra features Yet we mainly use Pendrive for data transfers. Sometimes we may feel that Pendrive performance is getting slower. Therefore, today we discuss a few factors which may help to solve this issue.
Thus, which helps us to increase Pendrive speed. We will try to fix the issue which may increase our pen drive data transfer speed.
How To Increase Pendrive Speed?
Hence, we are going to discuss different factors that are a response to reducing Pendrive speed.
- Change the file system of your Pendrive because FAT32 can not handle a large amount of data.
- Change the device policy.
- Check files type and
- Check OS and hardware performance.
- Few other factors.
#1. Steps To Change The File System Of Pendrive.
1. Plug in your Pendrive into your computer or Laptop.
2. Then right-click on your pen drive. A pop-up menu will be shown.
3. Then select the format option from the menu.
4. Then select the NTFS file system and unchecked the Quick format option.
5. Now click on the start button.
Now your file system is changed you will much greater data transfer speed.
Note:- Before formatting the Pendrive you must have to take the backup of your data Because formatting will be lost your all data.
#2. Steps To Change the Device Policy.
1. Plug in your drive and right-click on your Drive.
2. Select the properties option from the popup menu.
3. Then, select the hardware tab from the next wizard.
4. Now a list of drives is shown in the hardware tab.
5. Then select your drive and click on the properties button.
6. Next wizard is shown to you then select the General tab and click on the change setting button.
7. Then select the policies tab from the next wizard.
8. Now select the better performance radio button.
#3. Checkout Performance Of PC.
Sometimes it also depends on operating system performance for pen drive data transfer speed. To increase system performance we recommend reading another article about
Checkout:- How To Make PC Run Faster
#4. You have to upgrade your USB port driver version to 2.0 or 3.0 for a higher speed.
#5. Reduce the simultaneous write operation to the same drive.
#6. Format the drive after a few days. Also, try to format it at least one time in a month.
#7. Check the drive for bad sector errors
- Right-click on Pendrive >> Then select properties >> Then select the tools tab >> Click on the check now button.
- The tools will automatically scan and recover bad sector errors.
Hence, we hope these few tips to increase Pendrive speed which will help you. We don’t guarantee that it will surely increase Pendrive speed. But these are optimum ways to fixed software and other bad errors for better performance. If you like this article don’t forget to share it with others.